Search This Blog

Monday, September 28, 2015

Personal tastes

It's early enough in this new blog to discuss my various musical tastes, as they are many likes, and also dislikes.

First, I'll start with the negative : the dislikes comprise
  • hiphop, 
  • most hard rock and metal because they are either too loud, or too aggressive for me,
  • Gangsta rap, and rap in general - except when part of eurodance/ pop/ electro formations where some add rap vocalists, but aren't 100%  rap bands. 
  • Operas tend to get on my nerves... 
  • Just like Reggae (such as bob marley, to my wife's great sorrow),  
  • and other styles that I don't necessarily think about right now...
Second, I'll go on to what I do like :
  • Classical music - my first discoveries as a young boy were Johann Sebastian Bach, Beethoven, Mozart... I grew to like many of their compositions, disliking probably just as many (operas...), prefering usually symphonies to any other kinds, with few exceptions such as Bach's Toccatas.
  • Oriental :I then expanded to oriental music, with its various melodies and notes, and sorrowful or joyful voices, to either celebrate life, or cry for its difficult moments...
  •  Pop : being a teen during the 80's had to automatically hear many dancy tunes... I grew to love many bands in this style, and followed through the 1990's and 2000's, leaving some of the 80's where they belonged: in memories.
  • Eurodance : a style, born in the 1990's in Germany and which spread to other EU countries, many bands had only 1 or 2 albums, but a few survived longer... 
  • Rock : in spite of some extra noise, compared to the previous styles, there are moments I do listen to some rock, although thtrough the years my % of rock hours have deminished gradually.
  •  Electronica : bands don't always use singers and compose quite often long, instrumental, rhytmic pieces of art, which could be assimilated as modern classical music... I do love many synth' creations such as Jean Michel Jarre or Moby...
  • Fusions : some bands I like blend together pop & rock, or sometimes oriental to any or both of those styles. Ethnix for instance is my favorite Israeli band, and their albums are all blends of ethnic, oriental, pop & rock. 
  •  Here again, I mighy not think about certain categories... 





No comments:

Post a Comment