Search This Blog

Monday, September 28, 2015

Tori Amos - (part 3) - Boys for pele




Album # 3, ''Boys for Pele'' which my wife thought I’d hate… Well, I liked.... ***roll drums*** 13 out of 18 songs, a score neither of us imagined.
Here, I prefer to display the back cover.

Alright, which 5 I didn't like for some reason? - usually a very aquaired wailing Tori did in them : Blood Roses, Professional Widow, Muhammad My Friend, Agent Orange and In the Springtime of His Voodoo.

Next, I liked a little but not totally :
Mr Zebra, and Little Amsterdam, giving them an almost neutral 6/10.

the rest of the songs received 8, 9 & even 10 for my favourites : Beauty Queen/ Horses, the very sweet voiced Hey Jupiter, and thanx to the drums, my fav of all this record is Caught a little sneeze.
Also 10/10 are Not the Red Baron and Doughnut Song, though they are not in my top 3 of this album, they are in the top 5.

13/18 is rather high for such an aquired taste album...
total scores 112 points out of max possible 180=62%, and 13/18 =72%.

I enjoy a good portion, but the wailing, and sometimes a few piano notes bother me, which is why I had to reduce some otherwise perfect 10/10 songs.


No comments:

Post a Comment