Search This Blog

Monday, September 28, 2015

Tori Amos - (part 1) - Little Earthquakes







The first song I heard was Crucify, and… I just wasn’t ready for this acquired taste! Indeed, her voice blended with a piano didn’t appeal to me, back in the 1990’s. I never tried to listen to her again until I married a Toriphile… 
My wife’s an Ears with feet, a Tori Amos fan, who was shocked to hear my dislike. Knowing that I liked some 1980’s music, she came up with the idea to introduce me to ‘’Y kant Tori read’’, which I liked and helped push me to try the rest of her career. For the past 15 or so months, I started listening to the cd’s in chronological order and learned to love Crucify, the very song which had made me wince, and expand from 1 song to several, and very gradually liking 2 songs per album to liking a majority.




Now, in summer 2015, I can say I love many songs and reach periodically, yet regularly, to listen to Tori ; something I never thought would happen, did. 

Album #1 'little earthquakes'', I listened to the 12 track version, on which I disliked ''happy phantom'', and loved the rest of the album...



''me & a gun'' is obviously a very heavy topic which makes it difficult for me to rate is, but apart for that, my favorite songs are  Crucify, Girl, Winter, and China (I rate them all 10)  ;
as for Silent all these years, mother and little earthquakes, due to some acquired taste  parts, I currently rate them at 9/10... ;
I rate the other songs 8/10 because I liked them less, musically speaking.

total ratings : 11 songs out of 12 = 91.67% (whoa, that's crazy, is this going to be my best loved album ? we shall see once I finish this process...)

total 99/120 points = 82.5% from absolute loving it all... a much higher score than expected and which shocked my wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment