Search This Blog

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Yehuda Poliker (album 2) - Day dreamer




I don't yet own Yehuda Poliker's second solo album. It was released in 1986 and is one of the rarest to find, and its price hasn't been affordable when I did find it... I'll probably have to search for it more actively to complete my collection before it disappears.






When I look at the back cover, I recognize only 5 songs - some of which would later be on his best-off collection and some on Live in Caesaria.

I can also read that all 12 songs have Greek melodies, several instrumental pieces and Lyrics are either in Greek or translated from it into Hebrew, by Yaakob Gilaad, with whom Poliker also produced the album.

Once I get it, I'll have to write a proper review and tell you what the songs are about, at least the ones in Hebrew, because I have no idea concerning tracks 3 & 10, in Greek.

All I am able to tell you right now is that the first song is called ''after the war'', as Yehuda's parents are WW2 holocaust survivors and that he often writes about this difficult topic - understandably so, with the severe trauma it left on everyone.

Track 5, ''If I were with you'', with Yehudit Tamir's vocals, was translated from Greek and tells of a narrator's wish to join a very dear person after he or she died during the war ; again, a heavy topic and this song is so powerful that later Yehudit sang it again for her own album.

Tracks 8 (the boys will dance), 9 (claps) and 10 (the village's drunk) are songs dealing with parties, Greek parties that is, with the claps and the drinking and so forth.


Instruments in this album :
Bass, Bouzouki, Drums, Guitar, Keyboard, Percussion, Whistle. 

This article has been updated




No comments:

Post a Comment